I was a pilgrim in an unholy land.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Jones from spider-tr033.proxy.aol.com on July 15, 2001 at 18:55:41:

In Reply to: Hamburger Hamlet/Williams Night posted by MK on July 15, 2001 at 13:50:41:

Waking up to a beautiful Saturday morning, I was about to begin my journey. After showering and gathering all gear, I made my way down to the garage, only to find my mode of transportation with two flat tires.

Could it have been that I was ambushed?

After discovering my airpump, I proceed to fill them with enough air to get to the tire store. Which, after a two hour wait and $212. later, I was ready to go.

I was now on my way to pick up friends, John Williams cd playing in the car when suddenly.......

NOTHING!

The car had died. Could it be that the Nazi spies that were trying to stop me from making it to the event had worked even harder than I had thought?

Over the next hour, I proceeded to replace the battery. After doing so, we then found out that the new battery was fine, but now it was the alternator. Nazi's.....I hate these guys!!

After finally getting the car back to the garage, I then was in search of alternate means. Contacting one of my fellow adventures, who was attending the performance as well, we all jumped into his car and took off. However, the time of departure was 6:00, when I was supposed to have been at the Hamlet at 5:30. Where's an Arabian Horse when ya need one??

We finally made it to the Hollywood Bowl at 7:50. With the show starting at 8:30, we decided to start our quest for parking. We ended up parking almost a mile away from the Bowl, which was the closet lot!

After exiting the car, and grabbing my Fedora, we were on our way to the Bowl.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a series of fans yelling "Hey Indy," "Hey Dr.Jones," etc...

I made my way to our seats, to find none of my fellow Indyfans. It wasn't until "The Unfinished Journey," three songs into the program, that Indiana Jun had showed up. Following "The Unfinished Journey" was intermission, in which Indiana Jun and I took the opportunity to search for out lost explorers. And on the complete other side of the Bowl, we found them, deep into a conversation regarding Indy Jackets. Also during the intermission, I recieved yet another comment from a female fan from Sweden. As if the accent just doesn't kill ya...

Being all together now, we made out way to the "Indyfan Section" of the Bowl for the remaining half of the show.

After listening to such awesome pieces including "Jurassic Park," "Superman," "E.T.," and "Star Wars," it was then time for the real reason that we were all there!!

Right as John was about to begin playing everyone's favorite theme, Indiana Jun screamed out "RAIDERS!!!!!" to which I believe he blew out one of MK's eardrums. Indiana Jun then screamed "Did you sign to do Indy 4!!!!" We had to hold him back from this point on. After Raiders had ended, MK and his wife made their exit, and Myself and my fellow adventures made ours. Indiana Jun and his fellow explorers stayed for the final piece which was NBC's Nightly News (which John wrote).

After the Bowl, My adventurers and I made our presence known at Mel's Drive In on Sunset Blvd for a late dinner, or you might call it an early breakfast. We sat and discussed all things Indy, as well as very much enjoyed the beautiful scenery from the members of the opposite sex.

All and all, it was a wonderful evening and we must begin to plan the NEXT Indyfan Summit a few months from now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]