The best...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-16.essex1.com on July 16, 2001 at 13:52:10:

In Reply to: Finished 'The Philosopher's Stone.' Not bad. Opinion of the best? posted by Indiana Dog on July 16, 2001 at 13:02:03:

I second what Mr. Powers has to say! I've heard they make prisoners read Martin Caidan's Indy books as a form of torture.

Seven Veils is a good book and should definitely be read. Some parts aren't quite as Indy as I would have expected, but a very good read overall.

Personally, Dinosaur Eggs was one of my favorite. Though the goal of Indy's adventures is one not likely to be pursued by him- he is an archaeologist and not a paleontologist after all- the story was pretty good with many references to characters we see in the movies. And it's based on one of my real life heroes- Roy Chapman Andrews. Definitely check this one out.

As to the best overall- I'm not quite sure what I would rate as the best. I enjoyed Peril of Delphi, Genesis Deluge, Dinosaur Eggs and Secret of the Sphinx the most.

Hope this helps.

The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: