Thanks! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from 63.194.18.73 on July 16, 2001 at 16:26:19:

In Reply to: Gear On Film posted by Austin Powers on July 16, 2001 at 15:06:37:

: I've seen MK's "trade show" footage of himself replicating the Peru temple scene, and it looked pretty damn good.

: What I wanna know is if anyone else's done anything like that. Has anyone suited up in full gear and shot some home videos or mini-movies?

: The reason I ask is because for the hell of it, earlier today I donned the hat, jacket, shirt and pants, Aldens, and MK7 bag and strutted in front of my video camera. To my surprise my gear looked AWESOME on film. My FS jacket and PB hat really DO have a Raiders-esque appearance, and my Kepler 'ToD' bagstrap looked PERFECT. Even my cheap replica Wal-Mart clothes looked pretty nice on film.

: So maybe this is just another medium through which we can check the "authenticity" of our gear. I think everyone'll agree with me when I say that still photographs DO NOT do gear justice. Ultimately maybe some online MPEGs of video camera footage would be the next best thing to actually seeing gear in person. Or for those of you who're questioning the accuracy of your gear, put it on and hop in front of the camcorder. You'll be surprised at how much more the stuff looks like Indy's when it's up there on screen, moving and draping like his did.

: Austin Powers

: P.S. Anyone been makin' fan-made movies with their gear?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]