I also might be able to help you.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Jones from spider-tr034.proxy.aol.com on July 16, 2001 at 22:39:56:

In Reply to: Let's get all 3 flicks MK!!!!! (nm) posted by Dr.Jones on July 16, 2001 at 22:24:51:

My company and I did a few midnight showings of Ghostbusters. We did one show, with all the costumes, and really went to town with the theatre.

Once the theatre opened, we stopped all of the guests from going into the main theatre. Due to Unknown Sounds and Smells. Well shortly, one of the theatre employees came running out of the theatre yelling and screaming.

One of the latest Ghostbusters "trainees" walked into the theatre lobby, trying to calm the employee. We said that he would take care of it, and walked into the theatre, only to be greated by the spirit.

He soon walked out of the main theatre, slime dripping all over him.

But have no fear, at that point THE REAL Ghostbusters made their entrance. Armed with their weapons of choice, the Proton Pack, they made their way into the theatre, trapped the ghost, and then allowed everyone to enter.

The place LOVED it!! While the guys were blasting the ghost, the lights in the theatre were flickering(like a power shortage) and we had really bright strobes flashing from behind the doors. Once the doors opened, smoke poured out of the theatre and the guys walked out, trap in hand.

I put all of this together on a pretty short schedule. I even got the lady who played Slimer in GB2 to be there to sign autographs, chat with people, etc... She's a sweetie, and a good friend now!

Here's a pic of all of us. You can see the guy on the far right, that his suit is soaked with slime.

Anyways, I've remember being at the Egyptian during the Raiders screening, and others, thinking of how cool it would be to do somesort of "Indy Show" outside. If you can get them to show the movies, I'll work on them to let us do a show. And if they'll let me, then we'll all combine minds!!

Let me know what happens!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]