Here's what I think.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 17, 2001 at 15:39:00:

In Reply to: Both. posted by Austin Powers on July 17, 2001 at 14:29:50:

I think there are too many factors involved to get one that works great and not change the whole design of the thing. The only way for this thing to work is for the whip to fit snug (and I mean tight). Now depending on how long your whip is and how many coils you wrap it into, you are talking about a high degree of variance. Another thing to consider is that leather is a natural substance. It will stretch. Therefor I would never leave my whip in a snapped carrier. I have one of those non Indy carriers from Mark Allen and it has leather ties to help secure the whip. I had a gunbelt from Noel Howard with the carrier attached. My whip fit way too loose for my taste. I got Lee Keppler's version of the same and the whip fit much more snug. He told me he made them that way to work better in real life. If you have a Keppler carrier and your whips are still slipping, I don't know what to tell you short of the modifications that some of the guys on the forum are talking about. Maybe you could petition Lee to have an "extra-snug" carrier made for shorter whips and or for a very tight fit. Cheers

xxxxx

: I've got one from MBA and one from Kepler. And while the Kepler holder is 100 times better than MBA's, it still allows my whip to slide.

: Now this may be because the holder's still brand new, and the whip's still a little stiff. But there's enough extra room in there to lead me to believe it'll still slide when all's said and done.

: Then again I guess all that Kepler and MBA're doing is offering exact replicas of what was used for the films, and that if it weren't for the tied-down whips Indy's would've slid around too.

: I reckon it's a catch 22. Do we sacrifice authentic looks for authentic funtion? Some fans may say that an exact replica is the best option, while I'm sure there just as many fans like me, who want things to actually do what they're supposed to.

: It's a tough call.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: