Re: A Wested Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from tmm-gw1.thmulti.com on July 17, 2001 at 16:10:38:

In Reply to: A Wested Question posted by IndyMatt on July 17, 2001 at 13:49:55:

Judging from my experience (and I'm a relatively trim guy) they run a bit big for my tastes. I normally wear a 42R off the rack suit. The first Wested I ordered was a 42L TOD (going under Peter's suggestion). When I got the thing it was way to big and long. The next one I ordered was a 40R TOD which fit nearly perfect. So my advice to you if you're more of a slim guy would be:

If you're not planning on wearing a sweater then go a size down if you want it to fit right on.
If you're going for a slightly oversized fit then go for your normal size.
If you're thinking about wearing a sweater then go for your normal size.
In terms of the length it depends on what you're looking for again. The best thing to do is to give peter your height measurement and what you wear off the rack. It also depends on weather you're getting a TOD or a Raiders version. The TOD and Crusade jackets have an extra inch in the lenght from the beginning. Wested adds two inches for all "long" sizes. In other words A TOD and Crusade in a long is three inches longer than a raiders regular.
Also, be very sure to give him you're sleeve lenght. If its off of the standard size the will cut it to your exact measurements.

Hope this helps,
IJ

If you're a bit more
: I know this question has been asked before, but please excuse
: my inattentiveness.

: Wested Jackets - do they tend to fit large, that is, if I am a 44L
: and I wish it to fit well and not be too small, should I order a 42L?

: Thanks all,

: Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: