Re: Pecards

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KyleS from 209.191.163.10 on July 17, 2001 at 17:25:48:

In Reply to: Pecards posted by Austin Powers on July 12, 2001 at 15:34:58:

: How soon after you applied the Pecards did you use it? If I give mine a coating should I wait like a week before cracking it, or is a day enough "setting" time?

: Austin Powers

If it's a brand new whip you should give it a good thick (not goopy!) coating of Pecards on the thong and a lighter coating on the handle and turk's head. Let is set in a loos coil for about 3 or 4 days. Pecards isn't water based so it needs to have some time to soak in. Heck, let it set for a couple weeks if you want. Then clean it off and buff it (always in the direction of the coils). Then start cracking it very easy with basic cracks. You're not just breaking in one whip. A Morgan whip has two plaited bellies so you're actually breaking in three separate whips. It will take some time. I generally practice for an hour or two every day and it took over a month for my whip to start feeling right. After about a week or so give your whip another coating (a light coating) of dressing on just the thong. Let it set over night and then wipe it down. Unless you're in a dry or humid climate you should be good to go for about 3 or 4 months.
-Kyle

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]