Can't stand the wait either!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy30 from A040-0947.MLE2.splitrock.net on July 17, 2001 at 18:06:56:

In Reply to: Re: What a coincidence! posted by California Smith on July 17, 2001 at 18:01:19:

: : I just got my 2 Westeds last week (after having them altered 2x already) and they have the same problem with the back! I'm really reluctant to send them back to England again. Looking at the back panel, the V could be cut a bit more sharply and that would probably do the trick. My size is a 42, but my waist is 34". Pulling the side straps fully closed, I still have a little too much play. Any suggestions, or should I hold my breath and send them back AGAIN? -Mike

:
: I would get a local tailor to do it. Check around. Mine charged me $50 to bring in the sides a little bit, as I have a similar problem. 46" chest and 34" waist. SHe tapered down on either side from the armpit, so that I still had the room at the chest, but more of a taper at the waist.It came out great, and for me worth the money because I didn't have to wait to send to England and back. Personal preference, I guess. It took five months to get my original Wested, and I couldn't stand to wait anymore.

: Thanks for the suggestion, Man! The wait is definitely a killer, isn't it? Cheers! Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]