Yep...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 17, 2001 at 19:03:08:

In Reply to: Zipper on Jacket in TOD posted by J.C. on July 17, 2001 at 18:52:30:

: In the, "no ones flying the plane" segment of TOD you see Ford jump into the cockpit and his zipper is silver...

Just about every scene from RotLA and ToD show silver zips. I've not paid as much attention to the LC footage, though I believe others who have viewed the original LC jacket on display at the Smithsonian have said it too is silver. An original RotLA jacket I had the opportunity to examine had a silver colored aluminum zipper, which showed signs of having been painted brass at some point. The original zips on the RotLA jackets were apparently notorious for failing while on set - I very recently heard this attributed to the fact that Deborah Nadoolman (now Landis) distressed the RotLA jackets herself (she is given screen credit as Costume Designer). She apparently used a wire brush on the jackets, and the zips were beat all to hell once she was done with them.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: