Or....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 18, 2001 at 12:57:49:

In Reply to: use lexol on the new finish, not Pecards. (it wont soak in) (nm) posted by Indy Sean on July 18, 2001 at 11:58:18:

..I've found that the Pecards "motorcycle leather lotion" a GREAT item to use on the cowhide. I used it on my new finish Wested, and to date have been very pleased with the results. It actually soaks in better than Lexol, but Lexol is a close second. Now, if we could only get hold of Letap. This is what Peter recommends, and several years I was fortunate to get several cans. It comes out in a foam, then liquifies. You buff it into the leather, allow to dry, then buff it again. Perfect dressing! It's a proprietary product, though, and only available in Europe, darn it! You folks in the UK should be using that instead. In my opinion, it's the top of the chart for taking of the jackets that are non-distressed, no matter what the hide is. Works great on lambskin as well. Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson (Obi Wan (?) (grins))

: : Patterson referred me to you, since you are the Obi-Wan of jackets, I've heard.

: : My question is in regards to what specific product of Pecards should I use for my new Wested jacket when it arrives. I went to the website and was a little unsure of which one to get. The jacket is a Wested, new Hide, Raiders model with satin lining. I would like to know which of the Pecards products would be good to start off with and (if the same) which product should I regularly apply to the jacket. I am hoping that this jacket is going to last me a lifetime (since, I'm pretty sure my wife won't be this lenient again to get another one), so I need to keep it in one piece.

: : Thanks for any help you can provide.

: : The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]