J.C.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 18, 2001 at 13:08:30:

In Reply to: one more post on my Wested posted by J.C. on July 17, 2001 at 19:21:32:

: The left jacket pocket has started to come "unraveled" from the jacket......seeing as how I live in a town that isn't really known for its "quality craftmanship" would it still be okay to take it to a local leather worker and get it fixed?? I mean how hard can it be to sew the pocket back on??
: And should I expect this to happen often, I haven't really put it through that much wear and tear...had it for almost a year...and since it's Texas I only wear it maybe 4 or 5 months.
: J.C.

Check around your area for a military base, either Air Force or what ever. Check in the towns that usually are located outside that base for "alterations" shops, as there is usually at least one that specializes in working on uniforms, jackets, etc. for single servicemen. I know, as we have one located where I live, and it services the Air Force base that's located outside of Tullahoma. These folks ALSO work on flight jackets, and being leather, can probably completely redo your entire jacket for a very reasonable price. A little known tip for you, my friend. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]