Good deal!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 18, 2001 at 13:21:17:

In Reply to: Re: Dale... posted by Dale Dassel on July 18, 2001 at 13:16:16:

If you're going to move, do it now, as once you're "set in your ways" like some of us "old fogies", you'll sit around going "what if". Always good to hear from you. Regards. Michaelson

: HEY! Long time!!! Good to hear from you! Actually, I've always embraced my fedora since the day I received it. Yeah, I actually wore my entire outfit [minus Wested] on both occasions that we went climbing in Red Rock Canyon State Park. And I wore the whole outfit when I flew back from Nevada last May. [I had a fun time with the airport metal detectors and the iron whip handles, my belt buckles,
: and the steel shanks in by boots]. Right now I am about to order another David Morgan bullwhip, and I'm contemplating moving to Nevada permanently. The desert had a profound effect on me and the more I think about it [and read Unicorn's Legacy], the stronger my desire to go back. I want high adventure and romance in the American Southwest,
: and I'm going to go after it.

: Your friend,

: -Dale

:
: : I'm VERY happy to see that you've finally "embraced" your fedora, as the last time I heard about it, you shipped it ahead to Nevada for that convention rather than to wear it on the train! You're now wearing it rock climbing?! Good for YOU! (grins) That's what the thing is for, my friend! High regards. Michaelson

: :
: : : Hi Steve. Getting the 'look' was no problem actually.
: : : When Herbert Johnson processed my order they accidentally put not one, but three Poets in the same box, one within the other. And so all of the hats arrived unbashed. After I sorted out the paperwork and sent the other two fedoras to their rightful owners, I did a basic hand-crease on mine and stored it back in the box, vowing someday to have it steamed into the distinctive Raiders style that I adore so much. After a year or so, I finally managed to locate a western wear shop that had the capabilities to steam both the brim AND the crown. I called in advance and explained the situation to the people who worked there. Then I went to the shop, armed with an array of full-color production photos from Raiders so that I could give them a visual idea of the look that we were going for. [I also wore my Wested jacket and Aldens to the fitting]. Since the Poet is nowhere near as large as the cowboy hats that they were normally accustomed to working with, the guy at the shop had to shape it by hand. To my alarm he sprayed my hat with some kind of whitish-looking felt starch [which fortunately dries clear]. This served to help the crown hold its shape. After working on the hat for fifteen minutes under my careful guidance, and after a few pauses along the way for consideration, we arrived at the desired effect. And I am entirely pleased with the result. The best part was that he charged me a mere five dollars for the entire job. I have since worn my fedora hiking in the Nevada desert and rock climbing, and it withstood the test.
: : : I am incredibly pleased with Herbert Johnson, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for the authentic Indiana Jones hat.

: : : -Dale

: :
: : : I appreciate the info on the fedora brand that Dave was wearing in the Star Wars Insider magazine. I love the way the P.B. hats looks but damn...Dave's hat looks pretty good. Wonder how he managed to get his H.J. hat that close when I usually hear that people are having problems receiving them...and/or looking right?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]