Whip cracking: learn to scare all of your neighbors to death!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust117.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on July 18, 2001 at 14:32:12:

In Reply to: Whip cracking enthusiasts. posted by KyleS on July 18, 2001 at 11:58:50:

I own a 10ft. DM and really enjoy cracking it. I bought used, so it's dark and very broken in. At this point I can only do the basic forward crack. I've gotten a lot better at it. THe cracks are louder and I'm swinging it faster(long ones like my 10ft. can be difficult in doing multiple cracks). I'm working on accuracy too. I'm just learning what it takes to crack low, then high.

Everytime I have someone over to our house they can never leave until they can crack the bullwhip good and loud. A lot of people pull a crack the first time(I must be a wonderful teacher!). Anyway, if it's a bunch of us, then we're entertained for over an hour seeing who can crack the loudest and most consistant. We also target out of season, dead flowers in my wife's garden(she doesn't seem to mind).

I hope to soon be able to pull off the other two basic cracks. It's a lot of fun. Word of advice to anyone starting out, if you crack it with hesitancy, you'll whip yourself a pretty good hurtin'. But if you throw with confidence it's not going to hit you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]