Regarding legal commentary (long post..sorry)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-mtc-ti022.proxy.aol.com on July 18, 2001 at 16:43:58:

In Reply to: Now THAT is serious copyright infringement... posted by Patterson on July 18, 2001 at 16:03:03:

I'm not sure fellow Indy fans and creators of fan-based work and fan consumers should make legal assesments of the great Indy items that are being created and being made available to the public, especially not in a public forum where legalities can be brought to other's attention. Instead, lets just be happy that this wide variety of great things are available, and let Mr. Lucas fend for himself. I think he and his company will be ok..don't you? If constructive critiscism is to be offered...maybe we can suggest that IndyCustom post only pics of his product, and call it "1930's Adventurer and friends" etc..
I'm sure that this is the spirit in which these remarks were made, and I don't want this post to be construed as hostile toward anyone. I just hope that fear of legal actions will not even remotely squash the great fan-created Indy stuff that some very talented people are sharing with us. Lets not forget that the person involved in the recent unpleasantness was allegedly infringing on Star Wars which is under much more scrutiny than Indy stuff, and that the aforementioned party was a MAJOR player who was apparently warned numerous times before to cease and desist. I bring this up not to cast anything negative upon what was done by that party...just to quell any fears that some may have regarding the feeling that lawyers are looming over our shoulders and will swoop upon those small dedicated fans who use their talents to bring us closer to the thing we love by sharing their art with us.
I hope I do not offend...just my thoughts...
Respectfully,
-R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: