Re: Winona Ryder

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on November 15, 1998 at 18:48:06:

In Reply to: Winona Ryder posted by Katanga on November 15, 1998 at 17:33:47:

: I read a previous post that talked about how older women rock in movies (sigourney weaver in Alien 5, etc.) so Marion could return in indy four. This person said that Weaver made Winona Ryder look like a "petulant 12 year old."

: I'd just like to say that this person is a total moron. Winona ryder is absolutely stunning. she's one of the most beautiful, intelligent and sophisticated women in Hollywood. I say again, you are a moron.

Gee, did I wander on to a schoolyard? Do you call everyone who disagrees with your narrow view of the world a name? Have you ever heard of intelligent discourse, or respectful discussion? I stand by everything I said about Winona Ryder. I've liked her work in the past (particularly Heathers), but so far she's having a difficult transition into adult roles, especially when paired opposite someone as formidable as Sigourney Weaver. As for your description of Ryder, while she's undeniably pretty, I don't see how she projects any great intelligence (I'm talking about on-screen, not real life. She may well be very bright in person.) or sophistication in any of her work. And this isn't an age thing. Go to the video store and rent To Have or Have Not with a 19-year-old Lauren Bacall or watch Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief and tell me Winona Ryder is a symbol of worldliness and class. Better yet check out anything with Audrey Hepburn who projected a gaminelike quality similar to Winona and see the difference. Unfortunately, none of today's young Hollywood actresses or actors, not just Winona, have onscreen sophistication, except maybe Ashley Judd. Cary Grant a nation cries out for you.

These are my just my opinions and if you don't like them, too damn bad.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]