Possible whip carrier solution

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from spider-wb013.proxy.aol.com on July 19, 2001 at 01:15:06:

I own David Morgan bullwhips and I have both the M.B.A. and Kepler whip carriers, and I still experience the frustration of 'whip slip'. I like Keppler's whip carrier much better because it looks exactly like the one in Raiders, and the leather is much more soft and supple [and will not scratch the whip].
Anyway, I have been toying around with this idea for a few years now, but I can't find the supplies to execute it. It is a very simple fix that was inspired by those ankle weights that velcro on. The velcro straps on the weights are fitted with this oval ring, about the size of a small paper clip. They are drawn through it and pulled back tight, where they velcro together [because the velcro is double-sided. I was thinking that if you could get some velcro strapping and some of those rings, you would be able to create an adjustable velcro whip ring that can be tightened as much as needed around the whip without hurting it. When you have it tight, simply lock the whip into the whip carrier with the velcro ring inside of the leather.
I haven't had the opportunity to actually try this yet, but it seems to be a feasible solution. If anbody cares to try this, I would be interested in hearing about the results.

-Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]