Politically correct historical revisionism

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by golpeo rapidamente from proteus.bluep.com on July 19, 2001 at 08:00:59:

In Reply to: Indy novels posted by Brachus on July 18, 2001 at 23:07:16:

: Just recently finished the Secret of the Sphinx novel and I have to disagree with ppl's opinions on here. Something about it just didnt sit well. I didn't particularly care for the portrayment of the japanese. They came across too stereotypical like in old war movies for my taste.

The Japanese military of the period raped and murdered there way across Asia(The Rape of Nanking is as real as any German death camp).The Japanese military of the period were very nasty blokes.Remember Pearl Harbour,Bataan death march,Changi,The Burma Railway,Comfort Women and every murderous thing between them and the bomb.I in no way endorse nuclear weapons or the experimental use of them on a defeated enemy but the Japanese took war to the world and reaped the rewards(as did the Germans).
This statement is not meant to shock or offend anyone but before we nice up the Japanese (like some have niced up the Germans "they were only soldiers following orders" dont cut it with me)lets review both peoples in a historical context.General amnesia versus politically correct revisionism,you decide.
Your young Japanese person of today knows very little of there recent national history,and that is sad,sad for all of us because by learning history we all may make fewer mistakes.
Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]