Please give me a little more credit than that.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 19, 2001 at 11:14:44:

In Reply to: Poll: What leather care product do you use on your Wested (or other jacket)? posted by Marhala Bartender on July 19, 2001 at 10:53:27:

I have been in numerous phone conversations and emails with Pecards customer service, have researched the materials I recommend, and use the materials on my own gear. I'm not ABOUT to suggest ANYTHING to anyone that would damage their equipment. Motorcycle gear IS leather, NOT vinyl, and it's the toughest leather out there for good reason.....protection against all elements at speed. Vinyl is absolutely worthless if you ever turn a bike over and go skidding down a highway at 50+ mph. The lotion was made specifically FOR this kind of leather. The spray was made to shine up leather, where the lotion was made to protect, weatherproof and clean leather. Period. I suggest the lotion for all the different hides now on the market, as I personally do not like the Pecards paste on lambskin. It tends to stay tacky. That was what I thought you were asking for, an excellent all around treatment for all currently produced jackets and hides. I stand by my recommendation. Now back to your poll. Michaelson

: Just trying to get a general idea of what the masses use.

: I'd like to know what kind of jacket as well since lamb skin differs from hide in leather care. I will be getting a new Hide jacket, so I am looking into as many alternatives as possible to see how everyone rates theirs.

: Michaelson suggests a motorcycle leather lotion, which sounds like a good idea since that leather takes alot of abuse by its very nature, but I am a little apprehensive about long term damage to the jacket since I thought this lotion was specifically for vinyl coated leathers. But then again, what do I know?

: The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]