Hats hats & more hats... ( a little long)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dalexs from ip15.portland12.or.pub-ip.psi.net on July 19, 2001 at 14:24:52:

With all this talk popping up again re: hats and which is the bests and all that... I thought I'd take a moment and give you some results of an experiment...

First off, I am a happy Federation owner. I think the fed is a great hat for the money. I also think it is the closest hat to the proper COLOR for the raiders hat. (but i'm not really biased)

Second, I am a post-production broadcast video editor with a background in broadcast engineering, so i know of what i speak when I say "skin tone."

I have downloaded many of the hat pictures which have been posted here including a bunch from MK's fedora page for comparison.

Most of the "film pics" obviously reflect the fact that they are in-fact taken from the film. Which means they look different in color in practically every scene, because of lighting.

The common denominator in all of this is skin tone. If you can adjust a picture for proper skin tone, you will get a pretty dang close rendition of color for everything else. This includes adjusting for proper hue and saturation. This is easily done with photoshop.

And when doing this on every picture from the movie, the hats comes out looking fairly dark ie the Akubra Federation.

I think Lee's hat is the proper "hue" but its just too light.
But it is a great looking hat i must say.
Once the fed gets a little weathered (either naturally or with some help,) It is probably THE closet to the raiders hat.

Please keep in mind: This is juist my opinion!

If you'd like, I can post some pics for comparison.

dalexs

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]