Just some random thoughts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace112.utsi.edu on July 19, 2001 at 19:33:07:

In Reply to: a new Indiana Jones web site... I need ideas... posted by Indy Andrew Jones on July 19, 2001 at 15:27:52:

Being a staff member of IndyGear, I'm in no position to advise you, but keep in mind that the rating type system you're suggesting can be "dangerous" when you have such a vast mix of people such as us in the hobby. Just scan down and look at the exchange regarding the best fedora, best jacket, best leather treatment...on and on. What are you going to base your comparisons on? what makes your scale better than, say, Indy-Web or Raider.net? Just playing devil's advocate here. That's the reason we've never taken that road, but only reported WHAT was out there, and just let the fans make their own decision as to what is best for them. What may be the absolute perfect fedora to me is dog meat to you. Who's right? Who's wrong? Well, neither if you look at it honestly, as in the long run, we're BOTH right, as it fits what WE decide as being correct for our taste. As to reviews and ratings, heck, we're seeing that right here at this forum, and the upcoming IndyGear forum, and that's about as good a review platform as I can even imagine. Let's face it, we've seen absolutely every item start from it's infancy to full fruition in terms of available gear take place in the experiences of the members of Indyfan, and each of us have questioned and tested items and passed that information on to the next to try. What's to add? No, I'd suggest you try a new angle. Not sure what, but there's other avenues to explore, but what ever you do, make it the best you can. I'm sure what ever you come up with will be a success....just don't try and duplicate other sites. We've seen to many come and go over the years that did that, and everyone keeps coming back to Indyfan as the original spring board of our hobby. High regards. Michaelson

:
: I figured, that because I'm an Indiana Jones fan ( and because I have a project to do for a web class ) i should make an Indiana Jones website.

: I already have the domain name www.indyhut.com I think it's good.

: I need some ideas on what to put there. Here is what I was thinking:

: I know alot of people are buying Indy gear, and are constantly posting here asking people for their opinions. I mean, we get several of those "wested vs ( other )??? " posts. If we could have just one stop to read reviews, and ratings, and get links, I think it would be cool. And I dont meen to compeete with the omnipotent indygear.com, but they dont really have the reviews and ratings of other people.

: any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]