Spoilers in above post, CAUTION!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rbf1138 from cg101307-a.adubn1.nj.home.com on July 20, 2001 at 15:57:55:

In Reply to: Re: Jurassic Park 3 posted by RBF1138 on July 20, 2001 at 15:55:55:

: Woah now. I didn't go into the movie expecting anything great, or anything near the genius of the first. But the difference is, the first, while having its share of chases, near-deaths, and some crazy science stuff, just came together to be so great and believable. It was thoroughly entertaining and thought-provoking...and had some awesome dinosaurs. However, JP 3 is just any old adventure movie, just withg even more stupid coincidences (his backpack saves him again...hmmm, didnt see that coming...the kid has read all of grant's books...william h. macy's character just learned to swim in the last year, saving him from drowning...they have a machine that just happened to have produced a raptors voice-thing just before they go...the list goes on, when i think of more major ones, ill list em...) And you know what, I've seen other movies with the same unbelievability (is that a word, lol) before, and still enjoyed them, but this movie just seemed like it was taking it too far. The dinosaurs could have been any generic movie monster, and completely make-believe. It didn't feel like the first, where you were really in awe of the dinosaurs, and even a feeling I got while watching the second JP. Maybe my eyes are screwed up, but I honestly thouyght the dinosaurs looked better in the first two. And don't even get me started on the love story...what the hell were they thinking. The dialogue was bad, and Tea Leoni, who I normally like, was horrible. I liked Sam Neill and William H. Macy's acting jobs a lot. And while it's an action movie, and the acting's not as important as, well, the action, give me something decent. And then there's the action...it was all predictable and has been done before, nothing even creative about the chases. And how many damn times can they outrun the dinos? Only 2 people die in this movie! C'mon, does anyone else see this? There can't be any way you all overlooked all of this and just said, hey, it was still good.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]