An unfortunate incident sparked this bit of misinformation...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wo083.proxy.aol.com on July 20, 2001 at 19:32:17:

In Reply to: Wested jacket lined with newspapers? posted by Digman69 on July 20, 2001 at 19:23:00:

: I'm hesistant to buy a Wested leather jacket ("handmade" by
: "British craftsmen") because a friend of mine made a comment
: that the lining is not much better in quality than newsprint. Well, I
: hope Peter uses The Wall Street Journal!

I once had a Wested which I found to contain what I thought was newsprint as the backing for the seam stitching. As it turns out, I was able to confirm that the offending material was added by an alteration shop in Seattle. I was able to track the jacket down - as I had sold it. The new owner was kind enough to open up a seam, and confirm that in fact the material was from a phone book - the yellow pages from the Eastside US West phone book. I seriously doubt Peter Botwright has ready access to a Seattle phonebook?

I have since confirmed that the alteration shop went out of business. I should have driven a little further to Leather, Inc on Elliot in downtown Seattle. They have always done great work for me in the past, but I had the changes done during the WTO visit a few years ago - I didn't feel like getting tear-gassed!!!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: