Re: New Cowhide Finish...how does it look?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.1.130.atln.grid.net on July 23, 2001 at 15:06:39:

In Reply to: New Cowhide Finish...how does it look? posted by Indiana Texas-girl on July 23, 2001 at 13:39:41:

: I hear talk about predistressed cowhide, but I'm wondering:
: How does the cowhide look in a new finish in comparison to a lamb inteh new finish? I'm debating on a new lamb or new cowhide.

I have not seen one of the new finish cowhide, but, mine is-as I said-just BARELY distressed. From that, I can speculate that the New Cowhide is a very nice, dark brown, with a pretty good bit on natural graining occuring at different places all over the jacket, lending itself to a rather "unconstructed" look. The cowhide, when distressed below the surface of the leather, has reddish brown hightlights to it-which, I prefer to the light brown of the older cowhide Peter used. All in all, though I have not actually seen one in person, I can imagine that the New Cowhide looks as amazing as my distressed one, with just a little more shine to it. And bear in mind, I have NOT heavily treated mine with Pecards either, simply because I like the level of distress on mine. If I WERE to treat it, it would bring back all the moisture that was taken out of the surface, returning it to a very NEW condition. So, that is another monkey in the wrench....you CAN have your distressing and have the leather be in NEW condition as well.

The lambskin, I have NEVER seen in person and do not feel qualified to speak to. But, I would not get a lambskin anyway, because I am just not gentle to a leather jacket.

Hope that helps some....
Later, Texas-girl!
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: