Re: New Cowhide Finish...how does it look?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.15.30.atln.grid.net on July 23, 2001 at 21:05:44:

In Reply to: Re: New Cowhide Finish...how does it look? posted by Indiana Texas-girl on July 23, 2001 at 19:12:46:

: you CAN have your distressing and have the leather be in NEW condition as well.

: INDYDAWG, YOUR INFO HELPED A BUNCH. HOWEVER, REGARDING THE ABOVE STATEMENT, HOW CAN I HAVE BOTH A NEW AND DISTRESSED JACKET? I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO ORDER IT EITHER NEW OR DISTRESSED.

What I mean is that with the amount of distressing that is on my jacket that I have-the cowhide-I could very easily restore the surface "damage" that is done in the distressing process (because that is what happens during the distressing process....the surface of the leather is actually broken and rubbed off) with a good solid coating of Pecards leather dressing on it. I have taken a Wested that was distressed just too much for my taste and coated it with Pecards, only to have it look almost brand new in the morning! The results I have had with Pecards is phenomenal! So, that is what I mean....you can get a Wested, have it "just slightly distressed" like mine is, and if you then want the leather returned to NEW condition (yet retain all the good highlights and scuff marks from the distressing) just coat it down good with Pecards and let it do the magic!

I'm going to email this to you, just in case you don't get the reply for some reason....

So, there you go!
Later!
Indydawg
: TO OTHERS WHO MIGHT KNOW FIRSTHAND: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IN FEEL AND HOW IT LAYS ON THE PERSON IS ON THE COW VS. LAMB?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]