Re: This may be off subject but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Justin from PPPa94-ResaleNorcross1-1R7521.dialinx.net on July 24, 2001 at 01:19:00:

In Reply to: Re: This may be off subject but... posted by Moses on July 24, 2001 at 00:52:53:

Indy never did touch the arc because as we all know Belloq and some nazis did. When they touched the arc nothing happened except for the fact that later on something did happen and all those who looked at what came out of the arc died. Now my topic does relate to Indy because according to George Lucas those that OPEN the arc perish but not those who touch it. But would you agree with George? And there is no need to be rude about it, my question does relate to Indiana Jones because surely George Lucas thought of this exact same question when he helped write the script.

Justin

: Ah, but did he even TOUCH the arc? If I recall correctly, he and Sallah lifted the arc with those two sticks, stuck it in the box and never layed a fingure on it.
: (Not to avoid your deep, religious question, but this is the Indy forum.)

: : it is a question that has been stuck in my mind for awhile. If Indiana Jones did in fact touch the arc would it kill him from a Christian standpoint? From a Jewish standpoint the answer would be of course yes because that was the sacred covenant between God and man and if man touched it under any condition he would die. But under the Christian standpoint if Indy were to have touched it would he have died? The new covenant between God and man was formed with the birth of Jesus, therefore making the arc obsolete but would the power of God still lie in it even though that covenant was broken? Well these are the type questions you ask yourself at 12:35AM. So what do you think?

: : Justin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]