Re: This may be off subject but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from ACADD5D2.ipt.aol.com on July 24, 2001 at 06:12:58:

In Reply to: This may be off subject but... posted by Justin on July 24, 2001 at 00:41:34:

Well if I remember my readings and research on the ark right (and I'm not by far an expert, just a regular guy with some weird late night reading and archeology classes), not even the stories of the ark in historical material was very accurate or detailed on that. From what I remember only rabbis and holy men were supposed to be able to touch the ark and there are stories of guys who touch it and were completely turned to dust. Moses' hair was supposedly turned white because of the power of what was in the ark. Then there are stories of guys, some being saints (some of who weren't liked in the Jewish community), who held the ark and nothing happened. Personally I think it's all in God's power who's zapped and not by the ark. For as they say, "He works in mysterious ways," so who He choses to be zapped by the ark and who not to be is probably all part of some devine plan it seems in what is known about the ark. Maybe Lucas was playing on that, who knows?

A late night rant,
West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: