"oldtimers"?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 24, 2001 at 12:00:51:

In Reply to: Question for the "oldtimers" posted by Indiana Dog on July 24, 2001 at 11:50:44:

: When you found out that they were going to do another Bond film without Connery, what'd you think? I know the guy that followed him stunk and I think Connery came back for a film after him but when Roger Moore took over, did you think that it wouldn't be as good and wouldn't go see it? Personally, being around to see Bond go from Moore, to Dalton (who stunk) to Brosnan, it didn't matter a bit to me. I think Moore was the best and I know I would think the same of Harrison Ford but I think the series as long as written and directed well WOULD survive without Harrison Ford. I am a HUGE HF fan, I even saw Random Hearts twice (and I don't wanna get into to is he to old) I'm just saying that even if they DID do Indy 4 with HF and later on down the road decided to give someone else a go, I'd be very interested.
: Guess it turned it to more than a question. Any thoughts?

Guess I meet that requirement. (grins) Personally, I didn't care. I was more interested in the change than upset by it, and held my opinion until I saw how the new actor performed, as the character was just that....a character that was being portrayed BY that actor. I think that the Bond character has been carried on in good fashion, though done much better by some than others (and a couple I didn't personally like at all), but over all the franchise didn't suffer from the change in my opinion. I've held the same thoughts regarding Indy, but only if Ford decides to move on. Like I said, just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]