Somehow, there's no ring of truth in that statement. (grins) (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 24, 2001 at 12:54:58:

In Reply to: Never one not to share my opinion.... posted by Patterson on July 24, 2001 at 12:30:47:

: I've never really been much of a Bond fan, but I guess there are similarities in the franchises. Personally, if they can find the right young actor who can portray the same personality - humor as well as ice in the bloodstream serial hero - I'd love to see some adventures from the 1920's and 1930's. But, I don’t think it will happen – personally.

: The dissimilarities in the franchise are one problem. Bond is timeless, i.e. it has always been "set in the present with lots of futuristic toys and scantily clad ladies." Indy is a period piece. His early life has been laid out with a pretty decent Young Indy series. Gaps have been filed in with the many books - some better than others. Where do we go from there?

: River Phoenix fit the bill quite well, and gave me hope of a transition and an extended life for our hero on the big screen. A very good young actor (no Jake Lloyd) who portrayed a young Indy based on Fords' older version. His passing was a tragedy, and in my book closed the door on having another actor fill Fords' Alden’s. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think one more shot from Ford will be all the franchise will take, and is maybe the best way to leave things. While there are some young actors who may look the part, my guess is that there is only enough "fire in the belly" on the part of Lucas and Spielberg to do one more the way it deserves to be done.

: IMHO

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: