Of course, this new generation is willing to accept 'replacements' and pay to see them over and over . . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from 64.14.248.62 on July 24, 2001 at 15:24:44:

In Reply to: Question for the "oldtimers" posted by Indiana Dog on July 24, 2001 at 11:50:44:

As I said before, I am a big HF fan and if I had my druthers, would take HF over anyone. But I'm also a big INDIANA JONES fan. The character. I know that when I read the novels, it's HF's face I see. But I for one would get a great kick out of someone else's interp of the IJ character. Just because they wouldn't smile like HF or get that angry look (and nobody does it better) doesn't mean that it wouldn't be as good, just different. Again, If we could preserve HF to play Indy forever, GREAT! But I would hate to see a character that I find more entertaining than any other action hero out there go to the waste side just because the actor that originally played him got to old.
These younger ones are MORE than accepting The Mummy and Tomb Raider as complete replacements and haven't had the chance to experiance Indy on the BIG screen.
I thought Alec Baldwin did a terrific job as Jack Ryan, but Ford was also terrific. No better (even though I find him one of the most talented SCREEN actors out there) just different. What about Ben Affleck playing Jack Ryan? Does that bother anyone? Or do we accept the characters changing since it has already happened. Like the kids in the Vacation movies. haha (That's a joke BTW)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]