Re: Need Help From Aussie Fans-Non-Indy Questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RikDuel from lnx01-f1.powerup.com.au on November 17, 1998 at 18:31:54:

In Reply to: Need Help From Aussie Fans-Non-Indy Questions posted by Laurie Jensen on November 17, 1998 at 16:30:10:

Hi Laurie. I'll try and help. Coffee is the sort of thing that I'll rarely buy from McDonald's or Donut King, where I'm sure it's probably much cheaper (maybe a dollar or less), but I'll generally buy coffee at coffee shops, where you sit down and drink coffee and eat cake. There it ranges upward from around 2 dollars to about 3, and it's for Capuccino, or Caffe Latte, or any of these other more "boutique" styles of coffee.

Coffee is probably not quite as popular here as in the USA. Many people, and this may come from our colonial heritage, still drink tea. In the office in which I work, tea is probably the preferred hot beverage. Local slang is to "sit down and have a cuppa", which is specifically a cup of tea.

Coffee shops on the other hand are experiencing a tremendous upurge, and have been for the past three or four years. We don't have Starbucks yet, but we have some chains which are pretty close to it.
Even these still would do a booming trade in tea, I think, but young people are more and more inclined to be coffee drinkers.

All the prices I'm talking about are Australian Dollars, and I didn't actually go in and price a cup of coffee. I Hope that helps.

strange forum question...

Rik

: Actually, it's my brother who needs the help for a school project. He needs to know the amount of money a cup of coffee costs in Australia (he wants Australian dollars only, no American dollar conversion necessary). Also, he needs a general description of the popularity of coffee in Australia, i.e. popular, not popular, growing in popularity, etc. He's a business major, so this must be some sort of mock proposal on how to market coffee in foreign locals. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

:
: Thanks in advance.

: Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: