I loved Basil Rathbone!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveuvf.dialup.mindspring.com on July 24, 2001 at 17:30:05:

In Reply to: Hey Graml, how about Basil??? posted by AM on July 24, 2001 at 10:02:33:

I've got a picture of him on my wall, in fact. But I also liked the late Jeremy Brett. He was so manic; I could really see his Holmes as a cocaine addict. Ever see the Without a Clue with Ben Kingsley and Michael Caine? It was a kind of corny comedy where Watson (Kingsley) was the true brains of the operation, while Holmes was a drunken actor Watson had hired to be the figurehead. All over, it was a good movie, but the ending seemed a little rushed.
-graml
PS I'd love to see a new Sherlock Holmes franchise. In fact, I could see David Hyde Pierce of Fraiser playing the Great Detective...

: Graml:

: Just wondering who your favorite actor to play Sherlock Holmes is? I have seen quite a few, but in my opinion no one comes close to Basil Rathbone! I have all the movies on video. Every now and then, my Father and I will get together and watch one or two. He has fond memories of watching them in the theatre as a kid. That must have been great.

: Sorry that this was off topic, but I couldn't help myself!

: AM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]