A weak correlation from an absurd (and immature) theory

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-20.essex1.com on July 25, 2001 at 10:36:38:

In Reply to: Action Figures posted by Mr. Wax on July 25, 2001 at 08:34:35:

Mr. Wax,

If you are serious, and the theory you are proposing is intended to be a serious sociological inquiry, than I pity you. I have never heard such a blatantly immature and misguided theory as the one you propose. I sincerely doubt the validity of your seriousness in this matter and believe you are instead having some fun at the expense of toy collectors in this forum. Your extremely poor reasoning and unfounded assumptions remind me of the ultra-homophobic attitudes of people over three decades ago who assumed that any male who played with a doll would be homosexual.

And to say that you can tell a person is gay merely from a picture is a huge assumption that makes an ass out of you, and well....just you.

I think you need to first of all put your head back on straight, then do a little research if you intend to make a valid attempt at research on this topic. You'll find that the recent trend, and almost obsession, with collectibles has introduced a wide arrange of toys to adult men that were frequently taboo a generation ago. GI Joe did exist in doll form back then, however, and I haven't heard too many accusations that it made anyone a homosexual or that by being a homosexual, that person would be more inclined to play with dolls.

If this was a joke of yours, it went unappreciated. If this was a serious attempt at a research paper, then good luck, cause I have no idea how you can pass this class.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]