Dissatisfaction? No, not really...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 25, 2001 at 12:02:38:

In Reply to: The Never-Ending Quest posted by Austin Powers on July 25, 2001 at 10:33:30:

Speaking to my pondering over another lid from PB - based on a Borsalino hat - my intent was really just to explore another "flavor" if you will? I've never considered myself a "hat guy", which is why I never seriously entertained the idea of getting an HJ or GW fedora. The price point I felt comfortable in was the $85-$115 range, and I was fine with what was there at the time. Then I saw these things of absolute beauty coming out of Texas, and they were not much more than I had been spending on Akubras and Stetsons. My PB is now a cherished item and I wear it often - I never would have thought I'd grow to love wearing hats. So, now I'm thinking about stretching my legs a bit, and seeing what else Joe may have to offer. This was sparked by the pics of Dale's HJ (Borsalino based) though I still have problems doing business with those folks after the conversations I've had with them. Personally, I think they've sold other models as Poets - the ones I've seen besides Dales were short and tapered and looked like the Stetson Temple I picked up years ago for $25 at the Stetson outlet store. Anyway...

Sorry for rambling, but I don't think the quest is due to dissatisfaction - at least for me. It is really a mixture of seeing what is out there, what the choices offer, and how many different variants I can find that I like - some with greater and lesser degrees of "accuracy", whatever THAT may be defined as on any given day of the week!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: