Re: Maybe that explains it

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on July 25, 2001 at 12:32:51:

In Reply to: Maybe that explains it posted by Austin Powers on July 25, 2001 at 12:28:59:

: Maybe the quest for different "flavors" is what keeps us from settling on one particular item.

: We may want a certain jacket for certain activities, or want to have a dressier Indy fedora for formal gatherings. And by the same token we may want 2 or 3 "roughin' it" hats and at least one jacket to roll around and get dirty in.

: I also agree with Marhala's take on the subject. I totally understand how the quest is part of the fun, and part of what keeps us collecting.

: I've also thought it odd that we admire and respect the character of Indiana Jones, but instead of questing after the items and treasures that he did, we instead search for replicas of his clothing.

: Austin Powers

...and I would argue that to us, those items ARE treasures and relics. Look at all the narritives following the quests for the facts surrounding the development of the different items. Yes, for me it is peeling back the layers of the onion, and that nasty collecting bug. More interesting than swinging a golf club, IMHO...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: