Interesting question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 25, 2001 at 15:45:33:

In Reply to: Action Figures posted by Mr. Wax on July 25, 2001 at 08:34:35:

: Seriously, and I really am serious. It's a sociology question. Are all adult men who collect and dress 12 inch action figures gay? I know for a fact that Chris King is gay just from that picture of him on MK's site. But seriously. Are there any truly heterosexual adult men who collect and dress these things? I don't mean gay guys who are in denial. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I'm writing a paper on a topic having something to do with toys and adults and I'm just wondering is all.

Like a couple of others, I'm taking this as a serious question, as it does indeed smack of a socialogical type question, and was posed as such, and with good response. To restate, and correct me if I'm wrong, your null hypotosis is that men who participate in this type of behavior ARE gay. What would lead you to that conclusion? I don't believe the answer to be yes, anymore than I believe that people who are are deeply involved in model railroading are power hungry individuals who are psychosic and need to have total control of a miniture world of their own creation. Sure, I'm also making the assumption that they aren't, but I'd say over all it's just their own way of enjoying a creative past time, and is only an outlet for that hobby. I believe the same to be in terms of the "action figures". Do I collect them? No? Why not? It's just not a part of the hobby that interests me, not because I'm not gay. Man, this would indeed make a great college paper for a socialogy class. Like I said, if you are indeed serious, you stated the question very well, and baited responses perfectly. I tip my fedora to you. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]