Re: Zippy.......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-63-249-65-27.cruzio.com on July 25, 2001 at 18:32:58:

In Reply to: Zippy....... posted by Shawnkara on July 25, 2001 at 18:08:02:

I don't know anything about AOL software or "Easy Builder", but the file name and sizes are easy to get. I just drag an image from your web page onto my desktop, then open it with Photoshop... Photoshop tells me its dimensions. As for your specified width & height attributes, I just viewed your source code (HTML) by clicking within the frame containing your webpage (not the frame above it that contains the AOL Hometown stuff) and choosing "View Source" from the View menu (I use Netscape).

As for leaving images larger... it does matter to those with 56k modems. For example, your large main image "fpi layout for web.jpg" is actually 1110 x 858 and 265K in size, but you've specified it to be 571 x 466 in your HTML "IMG SRC" tag. So the browser will display it at 571 x 466, but it still has to download the 265K image. If you scale it down yourself to 571 x 466 in a graphics program, you'll probably reduce the file size to approx. 75K, which will download much faster.

Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Zippy

: Where did you get all the info on my file names and sizes? I'm using the AOL hometown thing through Easy Builder. It's a drag-and-drop system. I did have the source images scaled properly, but they still displayed full screen. Some are saved in my system at the right size and uploaded, others I just left larger when I saw it didn't matter, any way. I had to 'drag' the borders to the desired size for the image. After tinkering with the sizing I did get them to show much better.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]