Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil from rsvp-eli-184a.northlink.com on July 26, 2001 at 04:06:38:

In Reply to: Wearing your Indy Gear in public. posted by Indiana Pete on July 26, 2001 at 02:51:05:

I do not own any Indy Gear as of yet, but I would assume those who just wear their hats and jackets, probably get this reaction:

"HEY INDY! PUT SOME FRIGGIN' CLOTHES ON!"

err....j/k

Come on, you knew that was gonna happen.

Anyway, as I've seen on this board, most people just get a "Hey Indy!" or something of the like response. I have yet to read of someone actually getting made fun of. Now me, I'm gonna be a junior in High School, and I think my fellow student IndyFans would agree that if we just suddenly showed up someday with a fedora and leather jacket, we'd be laughed off of campus. Now, my strategy, is slowly introduce it. Now me, as soon as I get 450 bucks, I'm buying a Flightsuits.com Expedition. Why? I love leather jackets. I've only come in contact with one, my step-dad's A2 style leather jacket. Unfortunately, he died in a motorcycle crash, not wearing his leather jacket, so it sits unused in my mom's closet. Now, she did say I can have it if I want, but I won't take it for two reasons. 1.) It shoudl go to her. 2) I'm not fond of A2 style jackets. I don't like the cloth cuffs. So, I'm planning on buying a FS jacket a.s.a.p. and wearing it everyday. Several people wear leather jackets at my school, so not outta the norm. As for a fedora, I'm gonna buy a Fed, then wear it on adventures, hiking trips, and Jazz Band events. Why Jazz Band? because I'll style it as a 30's "Goon" style, and since I play trumpet, I'll fit right in. Trumpet, fedora, playing jazz, oh yeah.

Yes I admit, this is more than you needed to know, but eh, It was late, and I was bored.

Cheers!
Indy Coil

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: