What did you expect?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix3-49.essex1.com on July 26, 2001 at 11:14:03:

In Reply to: If anything it's libelous posted by Mr. Wax on July 26, 2001 at 10:04:27:

Mr. Wax,

When you make unfounded conclusions about people and suggest immature theories regarding homosexual behavior in accordance with collecting action figures or dolls, what else did you expect but reactionary statements in regards to your previous posts? It was not necessary in your post that you "hint" at there being anything negative with homosexuality, it seemed evident that by your wording and your implications that you were suggesting less than positive connotations to homosexuality.

You saw a defense of your statements as an implication that people on the forum view homosexuality as something bad, and therefore, something to be quickly argued against. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps some of us were defending our statements in order to not prolong such immature stereotypes- gay men play with dolls, like to dress or act like women, talk funny, etc. etc. Perhaps its just the environment that you live or your upbringing that would impel you to make such an immature statement as that. I guess education is the best method of dispelling such stereotypes. I heard it all when I attended a liberal arts college that had an extremely large population of homosexual men and women. Perhaps at one time, I may have believed some of the stereotypes as well, but once you take the time to really open your mind to other people, you learn that such stereotypes are false and only serve to prolong misunderstanding and ignorance.

It seemed pretty clear that your statements of Chris were meant as an insult, since though you may claim you don't see homosexuality as something negative, your use of stereotypes implies that you do not, indeed, hold them in any positive light. And even your apologies don't go far beyond that of your initial insults.

I hope, if anything, you have learned a lesson in maturity. But then, who knows, you may still be a kid.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]