Re: Michaelson, Hi Power observation.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu on July 26, 2001 at 13:32:53:

In Reply to: Michaelson, Hi Power observation. posted by belloq on July 26, 2001 at 11:29:02:

: You might be the only one interested in this, but here goes:

: I don't know if I am hallucinating, but I think there may be two different Hi-powers used in Raiders. The one in the bar is definitely the older small sight version (like the originals made in Belgium and the version pictured on Indygear.) On katanga's, we see Indy in the bedroom with that same version. A few moments later in the ship's hallway, the last time we see the pistol, and I'll admit it is brief and difficult to make out, but it appears he has the Inglis or Canadian made version, with the larger front and rear sights. I'm guessing if they used 2 different smiths, they might have had the same trouble with matching the brownings between studio and location insert shots within the same scene...

: belloq

That's possible, as the shots made for the Nepal scene were made in England, and the ship scene was shot off the coast of France, so they may indeed be different Hi-Powers, but the only differences would again be the sights. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]