Re: Wearing your Indy Gear in public.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.85 on July 26, 2001 at 16:22:21:

In Reply to: Wearing your Indy Gear in public. posted by Indiana Pete on July 26, 2001 at 02:51:05:

Jacket: I wear my Wested at least twice a week. I have a 12 year old Cooper Indy, that I regard now as a museum piece that I don't wear anyomore. I alternate wearing the wested with A-2 flight jackets. I have two of them. One is a Flying Tigers jacket that I had put together. The other is an Eight Air Force recreation. I painted the nose art on the back myself. What can I say? I'm a jacket junkie!

Hat: I have a Stetson 505,Indiana Miller, Peters Bros. and two Disney hats. I pretty much wear the Peters Bros. hat exclusivly once or twice a week, usually with the wested. Also goes nicely with my A-2 jackets. The Comments are usually positive. Never been given a hard time about it. Bottom line, the hat really does look damm good with a brown leather jacket.

Bag: ONLY on Halloween. Personal opionion only, but I think you are asking for ridicule if you wear the jacket, hat and bag together except in costume situations.

Whip: Again, only halloween.

Shoes: often. They work well for work, plus they are dammed well made.

pants: same as above.

Shirt: every so often, not usually in conjunction with hat and jacket, except for Halloween.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]