best solution I've found

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-ta023.proxy.aol.com on July 26, 2001 at 18:35:42:

In Reply to: Problem with whip staying in. (Man, that sounds bad) posted by Indiana Dog on July 26, 2001 at 11:57:06:

I know some of you guys are hesitant to modify your gear, but I fixed this problem by taking the suggestion of another Indyfan at this forum, and up til now, it's enabled me to put the whip in Lee's holder with the handle hanging down and keep it in place with no slipping.
First, lightly moisten the whip holster, then attach it to your coiled whip. You want it to be tight as possible, so I temporarily wrapped the top with some electrical tape so the holder was as tight as possible around the coils...then I let it dry. The leather constricted and formed itself tightly around the whip.
Second, take a thin piece of rubber..like what you'd cut from a bicycle tire's inner tube, and line the inside of the whip holder by gluing it in place.
This in no way changes the look of the holster on the outside and believe me...that whip isn't going anywhere.
Regards,
-R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: