I have made my own, but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix4-26.essex1.com on July 27, 2001 at 10:20:00:

In Reply to: Leather Bag Strap posted by AceRimmer on July 27, 2001 at 08:31:08:

It took quite a long time and more money than I expected to get it to work. I utilized two gun holster straps, fitted together, to make my bag strap. Since the straps tend to differ, it would be difficult to state any specific way of constructing them to the appearance of Indy's, so you will have to experiment. After all the work I went through with it, I wasn't satisfied with it for very long so I decided to splurge and get Lee Keppler's offering of the bag strap. I love it and it just can't be compared to. At a $34 total price (that's with shipping), you may want to reconsider since unless you know somewhere where you can get the supplies for free, I don't think you would be saving too much money by using belts or other leather straps once you consider purchasing them and fastening materials.

On the other hand, it is nice to have a strap that you constructed yourself- a bit more meaningful, perhaps. Go to Indygear.com and in the bag section they show instructions on how the bag strap should be fitted, so then all you have to do is find the materials.

Good luck,
The Barkeep.

: Have any of you made your own leather bag straps? I'd like to buy one, but they are all very pricey, so I'm looking into making my own. How did you go about doing it? Are there any instructions anywhere? A site detailing what the belts look like so I can model mine on the originals? Any other tips? Thanks for the help!

: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
: AceRimmer

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]