Need help with Pecards and leather strap care

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-49.essex1.com on July 27, 2001 at 12:23:00:

First off, I wanted to say how pleased I am with Pecard. I ordered three items just two days ago, and it is already at my front door! Wow! Granted, they are based out of Green Bay and I'm only a state away, but still I'm much closer to Chicago and I've never had anything arrive from there this quick- very impressed.

Anyhow, since I don't have my Wested yet- I don't need help right now in applications to a jacket. I did, however, buy some Leather Dressing as suggested by several people, including Lee, to apply to the leather straps for the Mk7 bag. Pecard included a small can of shoe oil, so I was wondering from those of you who have used this stuff before, should I even bother putting shoe oil on in addition to the leather dressing? I haven't done anything yet, so I was wondering what are the steps you guys usually take when applying Pecards.

Should I just use the dressing? And should I apply it twice (apply once, let it dry, then repeat)?

I seek the wisdom of the Gear masters, and I humbly praise your opinions (man I got to close those bottles if I'm going to breathe so much in this tiny, unventilated room) :)

Many thanks,
The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: