Bad idea

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix3-46.essex1.com on July 27, 2001 at 17:46:41:

In Reply to: Raiders remake? posted by Briede on July 27, 2001 at 16:50:33:

And I think it would be not only a huge mistake, but an enormous flop too. The problems with remaking Raiders is that (1) it is only 20 years old whereas Planet of the Apes has been around since 1967 I believe. Because the movie is so relatively new in comparison and the fact that it takes place in the 30s, which can't be changed for the story to work, I don't think it would work as well as timeless movies like Planet of the Apes or something like Psycho which could be remade in a different time period.

#2- Raiders is perfect to begin with! I don't think audiences would really want or appreciate a remake of a movie so classic in its own right. It would be just like having anyone else play Indy- to the fans, its sacriligeous, to the general public, I don't think they would care much for it.

Raiders doesn't have just a cult following like that Planet of the Apes series is more prone to attract. The Indy series has huge appeal and almost everyone has seen the movies and loved them. It would be like remaking the original Star Wars.

While it is certainly an interesting idea to play around with, I would hope that no one would ever mess with a classic in such a way.

The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]