Re: Wearing your Indy Gear in public.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Big Red from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on July 27, 2001 at 17:59:30:

In Reply to: Wearing your Indy Gear in public. posted by Indiana Pete on July 26, 2001 at 02:51:05:

Besides Halloween, when I make it a point to look as authentic as possible, I really only wear my Wested most of the time. Due to the kind advice of Michaelson, it fits really well. I wore it so much at school that whenever it was hot and I'd just wear my Hawaiian garb, people would ask "James! Where's your Indy jacket?"

I once brought my fedora and my MK VII bag on a field trip to Drumheller, mostly as a joke. THAT scared people. On the four hour bus ride, my hat received some praise, but my science teacher gave me the weirdest look ever. The only time a teacher EVER looked at me the same way was when my Math teacher saw me reading the Communist manifesto during a trig lesson. ;) Sorry for the digression. When we finally got there, there was this huge rope and wire bridge over a river, similar to ToD (although not quite as dramatic). I was ecstatic! I promptly swung my MK bag off my chest and held it over the side of the bridge, hollering, "Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kali -- IN HELL!" This was followed by more juvenile behavior. At first I got responses from friends like: "James, enough already." Then it became something more along the lines of: "James, shut the f##k up or I'll toss you over the side."

It was a fun day, but I wouldn't repeat my behavior. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]