Re: Hanover Street

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0002.iamerica.net on November 18, 1998 at 19:03:48:

In Reply to: Re: Hanover Street posted by nitzsche on November 18, 1998 at 02:18:10:

: : I had just recently seen a movie with Harrison Ford called Hanover Street which I am sure a few of you have seen. Anyways, in the movie, Harrison wears a really nice brown leather jacket which I was surprised to see was also made by Wested- a real nice jacket! If anyone hasn't seen this one, check it out- it takes place in the forties, with Ford as a US er pilot who falls in love, only to end up behind enemy lines. Made out like a romance novel, but does have some action and it's pretty cool to see Ford disguised as a again.

: I agree. Ford, is pretty cool in this movie--so is his costume. I think it's the closest role to Indy he has played. Very suspenseful scenes with the s.

: In fact, Ford can't get enough of beating up those goose-stepping morons; he battles them again in Force 10 from Navarone, which includes the head german from the Last Crusade as Force 10's nemesis. I'm sure the two actors had some catching up on old times when they made Crusade! It is a blast to see them both so young in Force 10!

: --nitzsche

Yeah, I noticed the Indy/ Vogel thing in Force 10 as well.
And, in case you didn't know- Hanover Street IS based on a romance
novel. I saw a copy of the original at a used book store this summer.
The Hanover Street jacket is, indeed made by Wested Leather and is
very similar to the Raiders jacket. You can order them from Mr. Botwright.
I liked the motorcycle chase from Hanover Street because it is very
reminiscent of Last Crusade. An overall great movie.

-Dale Dassel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]