I'll tell you all, AGAIN, why Ford is too old to play Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tl034.proxy.aol.com on July 30, 2001 at 03:01:32:

If you know anything about history then you know that social climate changed dramatically after WWII. The changes were many and subtle and too numerous to go into. Check the subject out on the web some time. I really can't see a story with the same flavor and feel taking place in a post-WWII world. Given Ford's age this would have to be the case. He's too rough looking for us to buy into the idea that all of his exploits are exactly one year apart. The only way to tell a true Indy story is to go back PRIOR to 'Raiders'. There is such a wealth of source material in 'Raiders' alone. How did he meet Abner? What REALLY happened between he and Marion? The history of Indy and Brody, perhaps? How did he meet Sallah? Belloq? Wu-Han? Short Round? I'm telling you, this the olny way we'll ever see a good Indy film. If not, we'll get "I'm too old for this shit" formula that ruined 'Leathal Weapon 4'. To go prior to 'Raiders' you HAVE to replace Ford. Now open your minds, set your nostalgic longings aside and let's discuss a replacement.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]