Re: I'll tell you AGAIN..NO HE'S NOT you silly little freak!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AM from user-112vdkr.biz.mindspring.com on July 30, 2001 at 11:19:36:

In Reply to: I'll tell you all, AGAIN, why Ford is too old to play Indy posted by Shawnkara on July 30, 2001 at 03:01:32:

"Open your mind"? Give me a break! I agree that there is considerable material in Raiders for a prequel, but the post war 50's offer Indy yet another departure full of opportunity. Let's open our minds, shall we?

You wrote about the climate changing after WWII. In the U.S. it did, but not overseas. Ever heard of something called the "Cold War"? Granted, the Communists are not like the Nazi’s, but who wants another "Raiders" or "Crusade"?

Let's have something new and interesting from today’s (59 year old) HF set in the 50's. It could have the "Raiders" feel mixed with the espionage of the Cold War.

Shawnkara, I'm not trying to throw stones at you. Heck, we're all entitled to our opinions. But I am curious about one thing, is you're glass half full or half empty? You tend to complain a lot.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the series continue and give us something else to talk about? I can see some of you guys 40 years from now being wheeled out on to the front porch of the old folks home with a blanket draped over your shoulders and wearing a Fedora. You'd say to the nurse (in a Homer Simpson's Father type of voice), "It's not the years, it's the...wait..what was I saying? Oh never mind. Hey, do you like my hat? It's from Raiders of something or other...I think?!? I want to go back inside, it's cold out here". Wine wine wine!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]