Please tell me you are joking...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-24.essex1.com on July 30, 2001 at 11:28:57:

In Reply to: Re: The Phoenix Contingency posted by Shawnkara on July 30, 2001 at 05:45:20:

Sorry, but the Angel guy? He looks a little too much like a caveman to me to ever play Indy. Have you noticed his neanderthal-like brow ridge?

There have been a couple of actors floating around in minor roles that under the right circumstances might be able to play a young (mid-20s to early 30s) Indy. I think Austin Powers brought it to our attention that the guy in Legally Blonde would make a good one and seeing him in an interview, I would have to agree. He has the facial features of an Indy, but perhaps a bit too tall.

I am not so set in my ways that I would not appreciate another Indy film set in the late forties. I would be curious to see an Indy facing the dangers of the commies perhaps instead of the Nazis. While the thirties will always be more mysterious and adventurious in nature to me, I think a later set film would have potential. I would rather see a fourth Indy WITH Harrison, or no movie with Indy again. Perhaps the great trilogy we have should be left just as that- a great trilogy. Let them massacre other movie series with ridiculous stories and attempts at making the movie fat cats even fatter.

The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]