Re: Alden return policy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doctor from cache-1.sbo.ma.webcache.rcn.net on July 30, 2001 at 12:23:59:

In Reply to: Alden return policy? posted by agent5 on July 30, 2001 at 11:21:54:

I believe that you will need to pay for shipping the boots back to Calf. Cost will probably be about 7 or 8 Indy bucks plus insurance. UPS will insure up to $100.00 automatically with additional insurance at an added cost. They will also give you a handy tracking number that will allow you to follow the progress of your package across country. It would be best to insure the boots for the full amount. I think Alden will send your replacement boots with no additional shipping charge and I don't think they will charge you a restocking fee. Another option you might consider would be to keep the boots you currently have and place an additional order for the next size up (either in width or length). Compare the new boots to the current boots and return the pair that does not fit as you want them to. I don't know if Alden has a chart of shoe width and length for the 405 but here is a generic chart from another web site (http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm#WidthTable). Your post below suggest your shoes fit well with the exception of the top lacing area. If you go up a size in width, your shoes might not fit your feet as well and would be uncomfortable to wear. Best of luck and keep us posted with your adventure.

Best Regards

Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: